- Represented a Louisiana landowner in New Orleans state court in the defense of class action litigation involving alleged homeowner exposure to Normally Occurring Radioactive Material (“NORM”) from oil production pipe cleaning.
- Obtained summary judgment in Bronx County, New York on behalf of acrylic plastic manufacturer in Happy Land Social Club Fire Litigation involving 87 wrongful death claims.
- Trial of toxic tort case in federal court in Biloxi, Mississippi involving former chemical plant alleging fear of cancer and increased risk of disease claims.
- Implemented Value Assurance Programs (VAPs) in Ohio and Mississippi to resolve multiple homeowner diminution of property value claims.
- Resolved through mediation 42 homeowner toxic tort claims alleging toxic air emissions against polymer manufacturer labeled by then Attorney General Richard Blumenthal as “worst polluter in the history of Connecticut.”
- Defended trash-to-energy agency in mass tort claim arising from suspected release of methane gas from a Connecticut landfill facility which resulted in community evacuation.
Food, Drugs, & Medical Devices
- Successful defense of New York consumer class litigation involving androstenedione and norandrostenedione supplements (the “Andro” litigation).
- Coordinated the national defense of products liability cases involving pharmaceutical drug banned by the FDA as an “imminent hazard.”
- Obtained summary judgment in federal court in Bridgeport, Connecticut in pharmaceutical product liability case alleging that sleep aid triggered depression and attempted murder/suicide.
- Obtained judgment and declaratory relief in federal district court in Newark, New Jersey on CERCLA and Spill Act environmental cost recovery claims following three-month trial.
- Successful defense of CERCLA and contractual claims in federal district court in Milwaukee, Wisconsin involving corporate veil piercing.